REVIEW: Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer

by - December 10, 2015


I feel like the Sephora Collection products don't get enough love. Anyone else feel like that? It always seems to make a lot more sense when I'm actually in Sephora to head to my favorite brands (or the brands that have products I covet that are just not in the budget at the moment) rather than peek around the Sephora Collection aisle. However, I do feel like there are some serious gems that are getting overlooked because a lot of us feel the same way. In the last few months, I've tried out a couple of things from Sephora's store line and I've been incredibly impressed with them, so when I heard that they had a new concealer and all signs were pointing to awesomeness, I had to pick it up. In all honestly, I think I have a bit of an obsession with concealers and I need to put myself on a no buy until I tear through some of them. ANYWAY, I've been reaching for this constantly lately and I want to give you guys my thoughts.

Keep reading for my thoughts!

ABOUT:
Ideal for undereye use, this gel-serum concealer with 21 percent pigment is feather light and never settles into fine lines. It is infused with pineapple ceramide, which helps to improve skin texture and promote brightness. The formula is buildable in color and coverage without adding texture due to the high level of pigments. The unique domed applicator acts like a cotton swab to provide the perfect amount of product every time. Just dip, dot, and blend.



Can we take a minute and talk about Sephora Collection packaging? I'm kinda in love with it. It's simple and serviceable, but what I like most is that it's clean. With the simple clear tube and black lid, there's nothing special about it, but I think that's what makes it most enjoyable to me. I like the font choice, because I feel like it works perfectly within the minimalist design, and I love that they have the Sephora branding around the lid. It's just nice.

Now onto the kinda weird part of this design: The applicator. This is definitely not your standard doe foot, which is my preferred applicator for this type of concealer. This is a tube like sponge tip that only maintains product on the very end when you pull it out of the tube. This particular design can be a great thing if you're using this to conceal blemishes, because you can be really precise in where you're applying product, but when you use it under your eyes it does take a little bit more work than a doe foot would. I do still find that it works, because there is a bit of product on the sides and you can kinda smear it around that way, but I have a feeling this is going to be the part that people don't like about this concealer because it is a little more work.



Now, onto how it works. This is a very light weight concealer, which makes it great for those of us that don't have the smoothest undereyes because I find that it would pretty much be impossible for it to cake up. It's also got really good coverage and gives a good brightening effect without giving you opposite panda eyes. I do definitely recommend setting this with a lightweight powder, because I suspect it will definitely move throughout the day. Of course, I haven't tested this because I literally ALWAYS set my concealer with powder pretty much immediately after I blend it out. FUN FACT: This concealer looks really beautiful baked.

I have used this for blemishes, but I didn't get quite the right shade for that so I've only done it once or twice. It does give pretty good coverage for blemishes, but I can't really say completely because with the wrong shade I did have to do a fair bit of blending to get rid of the spotlight-on-my-imperfections effect. Like I said above, this applicator is pretty perfect for concealing blemishes, so if you're going to do that make sure that you get one in a shade that matches rather than one that's a little brighter like I chose for the undereyes.


Honestly, I have to say that I'm kind of obsessed with this concealer and I want to get another shade that's a match for my skin so I can really give this a go with blemishes, because the applicator is just so perfect. At $17CAD (much cheaper in the US) and with an impressively wide shade selection, I think this is a great one to add to the must try list - Just be prepared for the applicator to be a little more work than you might be used to.

Thanks for reading!

You May Also Like

0 comments