UNBOXING: Glossybox September 2015*

by - September 15, 2015

*Product was provided for PR purposes.


It's that time again! What time, you ask? The time when the subscription boxes start to roll in and I get to bask in new samples to try out - and share them with you. It's clearly my favorite time of the month, which I'm sure you all know by now, and I'm excited to share what's in this month's Glossybox with you! I have to tell you... There are some days when it's just a really, really bad day and I just can't wait to get home from work, slip into my onesie, and whimper under the covers while watching clips from The Return Of Superman on Youtube. I suspect that the latter part of that statement is probably pretty unique to myself, but anyway... It seems to me like those are the days when inevitably my Glossybox shows up to make my day a little brighter. The universe knows exactly when I need a Glossybox. Anyway, let's get onto the products!

Keep reading to take a look at what's inside!




BIOSSANCE The Revitalizer - 4ml Sample Size - Value $4.64
Squalane is a naturally occurring emollient in the body that works to replenish and hydrate the skin that can diminish in some as early as their 20s. The Revitalizer uses a plant-derived squalane to restore what was once already there. Dull skin will be a thing of the past!

I tried this the day I got it, since I had to take off my makeup and chill anyway, and it felt really, really good on my skin. It was a little bit like an oil to the touch and it soaked in quite quickly. I really didn't need much to cover my whole face and it really did leave my skin feeling a little more... bouncy? Not sure that's the right word. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this as the weather starts to get colder and my skin starts to get thirstier.


JULEP Luxe Lip Conditioning Treatment in Sheer Coral - Full Size - Value $24.00
Let's face it, year-round lip hydration is a must. To combat dryness, Julep has combined natural ingredients Vitamin E and omega-rich pumpkin seed oil with a cooling Zamac tip applicator to formulate a tinted gloss that soothes, hydrates, and plumps lips.

So... I really don't love getting Julep products in other subscription boxes because it seems to usually be products that I've already gotten from Julep. Unfortunately, I already had this product in a different shade and I didn't really like it, so I will likely be passing this along to someone in my life who likes a glossy lip. Still, it's a pretty shade so I think it will do someone with different taste well.


Nails Inc. Nail Polish in Uptown - Full Size - Value $14
Smoothing out any imperfections on the nail, this highly pigmented formula utilized a plumping agent to create a long-lasting, super glossy finish. The flattering dusty rose hue easily transitions from day to night, complimenting every skin tone.

This shade isn't going to be for everyone... but it is absolutely for me! I think this is actually my favorite item in the box. I've said many times that I love getting full size nail polishes in subscriptions and this might be my favorite that I've gotten yet. I have yet to put this on my nails, but I did swatch it out and it is a really nice formula and the shade is completely to my taste. Very, very happy with this polish!



Emile Makeup Artist C Powder Blush in 108 - Full Size - Value $22
Craving perfectly sculpted cheekbones? Seamlessly create definition with this warm, peach toned blush. Infused with mica, its intense pigments produce a natural, radiant glow. 

I'm still on the fence on how I feel about this shade, but I have yet to actually wear it on the cheeks. I thought it was a bronzer when I first saw it, but it's said to be a blush. I swatched this next to Balm Desert by thebalm and it doesn't have as much rosiness to it, but I think it will definitely work nicely as a soft, neutral fall blush. And I also think I'm going to have to use a very, very light hand because it's pigmented to the moon.


Coffea All Natural Coffee Scrub - 100g Size - Value $8
Turns out, coffee isn't just for drinking. Bathe your way to glowing skin with a coffee scrub that won't put up with any dry patches, stretch marks, or poor circulation. Made from all natural ingredients which include brown sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon, your skin will instantly feel smoother.

I've actually been really into coffee scrub lately and literally just ran out of the one that I was using, so I was excited to see this included in the box this month. Coffee scrub is fantastic for your skin, especially when the coffee is combined with healthy oils, and I find that my skin reacts really, really well to it. This is an exciting one and one that I really can't wait to try out!


Total Value: $72.64

I'm feeling pretty good about this month's box. It's another good value box chalked full of products that I'm (mostly) really excited about. Obviously, I wasn't a huge fan of the Julep, but that is really more of a preference thing than a quality issue, so I feel like a lot of people will really be into this box.

Are you interested in getting your hands on Glossybox?

Glossybox is a monthly online subscription service that curates boxes filled with 5 samples of various beauty, skin care, and haircare products delivered to your door for $21 a month (Plus $5 shipping for Canadian customers). Each month you'll receive a beautifully packaged box that makes for great reusable beauty storage filled with 5 different products to try out. Head over to Glossybox now to sign up and get your hands on this month's box!

Thanks for reading!

You May Also Like

0 comments